Dec 14, 2010

Starfish Syndrome

I have noticed while rock-pooling (another favourite pastime) that I can look into dozens of rock pools and not see anything especially fabulous. Until suddenly I see a starfish. Then, I notice dozens of them, including in the pools I had already looked in. I guess my eye just tunes in. I call this Starfish Syndrome. This condition has enabled me to find the smallest starfish in the world with ease!

Too cute! Anyway, I have recently become obsessed with abandoned band-aids and am using the methodologies of Starfish Syndrome to locate them. So now I see them everywhere. Something about fleshy band-aids* on concrete footpaths^ is working especially well for me...these are just a few of my recent finds.

* = plasters
^ = sidewalk

No comments:

Post a Comment